Good morning precious friend,
How are you today? 🙂 First of all LOVE to see all your comments and likes both here, on Facebook (The Raw Food Sisters) and on Instagram. Unfortunately we cannot link you directly to our Facebook page due to some technical troubles. We are waiting for that to be fixed so meanwhile you can search for us on Facebook as The Raw Food Sisters. We know we have said it thousands of time but nothing is more exciting and fun than to connect with you. It feels like we are all creating one big loving and happy family! 😀 Well, we know of course that the sun might not shine all day, every day. But you know, that is alright. We are here to support each other and remind one another that the world is beautiful and there is magic in every single moment. Sometimes it might be a bit more tricky to see and feel it but a good reminder is our dear friend Albert Einsteins words (pic above). In the end, we need to remember that some dancing in the rain helps us to see clearly and be able to evolve to the persons we are meant to become. Do you agree?
These last weeks have been pretty busy for us. We have worked a lot and mostly from different coffee bars around Amsterdam. That means we have eaten the majority of our meals out and about. So how do you manage to do that as Raw Vegans in a city filled with fried pommes and mayonnaise? 😉 No but seriously there are plenty of healthy food options in this city but of course not as many Raw Vegans that we would appreciate. We have find our way to stick with our crazy energetic lifestyle and would at the moment not change it for anything. So here we have some of our tricks that might help you to stay healthy and vibrant out and about in a city the whole day:
– We usually order some fresh mint tea or a freshly squeezed juice in the cafe. We might be a bit sneaky and snack on some nuts or dried fruits (that we have brought) if we need some extra energy.. but shhh donnot tell anyone! 😉
– For lunch we like to move our bodies a bit. Specially if we have been sitting in front of the computer for hours. We usually go for a walk and try to find a nice little spot where we can indulge in plenty of fresh fruits for lunch. Either we have already prepared a big fruit salad or we mono meal (eat many of one fruit) and bananas are perfect for days like these (or apples as the pic above). Gives plenty of good energy! Please check out our beautiful friend´s post why you should enjoy bananas with a huge and happy appetite.
– Water! You probably know already how important water is. We cannot say it enough it is the KEY to everything. Stay hydrated! When you think you cannot drink anymore, fill yourself with an other cup of water. When you drink plenty of water you will not crave anything either. Many times when we think we want to snack on something or feel hungry we are actually thirsty. So drink up! Water will give you plenty of energy. Donnot be shy to ask if you could refill yor bottle. Live your way of life. In the end who cares what someone else does! Be busy drinking and snacking on your high vibrant food instead 😉
– We have got some comments if we still drink alcohol. The thing is, we donnot want to live a life under any restrictions. Follow your heart desires and eat and drink whatever feels right for you in this very moment. Very important to distinguish what you actually need and what your ego is craving. However, food and drinks are supposed to be FUN and EXCITING. Eat to fuel yourself and feel the best you can. Not the other way around. Whatever you put in your mouth love it with your full heart. Life is too precious to feel bad! With that said, we drink some wine and love a glass of good red wine. If we end up staying late working in a cafe and suddenly it turned out to be a bar, we would not say no to a glass of wine and some olives! 😉 (Yes we eat olives even if they are not raw. In the end, there are no rules and we all should do what makes us feel good.)
– POSITIVITY. EXCITMENT. GOOD VIBES! These words should be first on the list. Since seriously, with a positive mind set you are settle for 98 % of the time. Be excited. You donnot want to be lazy and eat crap because it is easy access to you. You donnot want to do that simply because you deserve to feel AMAZING! The key to succeed on this lifestyle is to realize deep within you why you choose to live like a little monkey 😉 That is the best reminder whenever you get hungry and a bit grumpy and it would be 10000 times more easy to grab a pizza slice. But remember, you want to thrive. You want to rise to higher frequencies. You want to feel the love of life flow through you. You want to see the world with clear vision. You simply donnot want to harm your body and poison yourself! (sorry if we sound hard but we KNOW it is difficult to remember this specially when you are hungry and alone. NOTE: eat a pizza if you want to. There is nothing bad with a pizza as long as you feel GOOD!)
If you dear wise friend have any other tips and tricks on how to stay healthy when you are far away from your beloved mixer and kitchen tools! Please feel free to share your ideas with us and our friends. Remember life is supposed to be fun and easy! We know the modern world is not very adapted to how we think we should be living. So we simply have to live the change we wish to see. Together we can inspire and motivate each other that in the future it would be more normal to enter a cafe and get a massive raw cake served 😉 Those days are coming as long as we walk our talk!
Oh dear. Today we had the most vibrant and happy breakfast! We got so high on speed that we seriously could not stop laughing and joking around. Juice for breakfast will make you go bananas (in the most positive way as possible). Today´s breakfast is called Happy Juice Dance since it literally made us bust out in crazy dance moves 😀 So here we go!
– Fresh Orange and strawberry juice
Put all the ingredients in your mixer and let it go until it is smooth and nice. Pour it in to your glass and be ready for a magical day!
With our hearts,
Julie & Katrin